Help with Managed Accounts API

Webmatech
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Hope you are in the best of health and spirtis.

I am the project manager of an LLC company. We have a website where hunting and fishing guides sign up and host their trips for bookings. We do transactions via the site. We currently use Stripe but it isn't doing for us as it entertains only 20 some countries. We wish to switch to Paypal.

The Managed Accounts API is what works for us. It has everything we need but here is the problem.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/managed-accounts/

So the PayPal Managed Accoutns API (using the managed path) will also allow us to do is that it will automatically create a merchant account in the guides name when they sign up with us. We can update it later by getting information off of them like their bank account so that we can sync it with the system. Problem is that the API documentation does not say anything about any call or how we are going to push the funds we hold for them when a customer books their trip from our paypal account to their merchant account which we create automatically. Neither does it say how or when or what call is that would send the funds from their merchant account to their bank account which they have synced. 

These merchant accounts are created automatically and the guides do not have access to them.

Flow is something like this:

Customer books trips > their CC is charged and the funds are deposited into our paypal account > when the trip date passes and trip is successful > we send funds from our paypal account to the guides merchant account (how?) > funds are released to their bank account from their merchant account (how?)

Hope this makes sense and you guys can shed some light on it.

I have RSVP'd for the upcoming communicty chat with moderatiors on the 22nd Nov and also dropped Paypal a message on Facebook. I tried the helpline but after 45 mins of talking to 4 people and holding, I could not get a thorough answer. 

Looking forward to help from the community.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.