Fraudulent Purchases

ManBearMan
Contributor
Contributor
This past Saturday morning, my eBay account was compromised and two laptops totalling $2,500 were bought and paid for using my PayPal. Luckily, the scum didn't have access to my email and therefore wasn't able to delete the emails associated with winning the items and paying for them. I immediately went on eBay but found no record of the purchases, that is until I went to the desktop site and looked at my hid activity. I quickly notified both sellers about the fraudulent purchases and opened cases on PayPal. I even had to stop a package because one of the sellers didn't believe me and thought that I bought, paid for and then immediately changed my mind on a $1900 laptop. Since I had the tracking and the fake address they were being sent to, I was able to have UPS send it right back to the seller. Monday comes around and even thought I did everything I could Saturday, I was still negative the $2,500 in my account. It took two days to fix everything. But now I wake up today thinking I'm in the clear, just to have emails from PayPal saying that even though the purchases were flagged, they are going to try to take out the $2,500 again in three days and to "please fund my account"! I am beyond furious. The contact link they sent about the matter leads nowhere and that's why I'm here now. Hopefully I'll receive some assistance......
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what kind of cases did you open on Paypal-unauthorised transaction?

if the seller has received the laptop back,should he be refunding you ?

if so,then your negative balance should go down.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.