Depop Payment Issues

hannahdague
Contributor
Contributor

I just started using Depop a few weeks ago. I sold my first item exactly 2 weeks ago, since then I have sold 7 other items. The app says that all of my earnings have been sent to my paypal account but I have yet to receive any of them. My emails match the app and here on paypal, both my bank account and visa card are linked and approved, all of my customers have paid for the items so the money has come out of their account. Just last night I "managed my currencies" to try to fix the problem. It must have worked because this morning I sold another item and the money was sent to my account.

The problem now is how do I access all of the payments I haven't yet received? Will they show up eventually? Is there something I have to do in order to access them? I am worried that I am never going to receive the payments even though the money has come out of my customers account. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hannahdague

Are the payments coming in in your currency or are you being paid in another currency?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hannahdague
Contributor
Contributor

Everything should be coming in my currency.

Login to Me Too

hannahdague
Contributor
Contributor

Lizzzard12
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same exact issues. Depop told me my account in unilateral which I guess means that to them it looks like my email hasn't been cofirmed or registered with my paypal account even though it has.

Where is this manage currencies option?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Lizzzard12 wrote:

I am having the same exact issues. Depop told me my account in unilateral which I guess means that to them it looks like my email hasn't been cofirmed or registered with my paypal account even though it has.

Where is this manage currencies option?

it is in your financial profile.

you can accept certain currency and ask Paypal to convert into your currency or keep them as foreign currency .

if you have received 7-8 payments,you should get 7-8 emails from Paypal .

most common reason is that the Paypal email address is incorrect,did you check Depop?

Login to Me Too

NikoM6
Contributor
Contributor

This recently started to happen to me as well, even though all my other transactions on Depop have been fine. I've been contacting Depop and Paypal to figure out what is going on... I tried what Depop support has suggested but it didn't help and still nothing has showed up in my account. The situation is very puzzling, when I buy on Depop money still goes to that seller so it works on that end.

Login to Me Too

brmi
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue, did you get it worked out?

Login to Me Too

brmi
Contributor
Contributor

NikoM6 did you get it worked out?

Login to Me Too

NikoM6
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, yes I did it was sending it to another email which I had signed up first, and I had switched and deleted it. Had to go retrieve it and call Paypal support to access the money. Hope it works out for you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.