Credit card donations

herb_engstrom
New Community Member

I'm treasurer of an organization that will accept donations by credit card.  If I have all the information (name, address, and credit card number and expiration date) is it possible to enter this somewhere into Paypal to that the funds are obtained and deposited into the organization's bank account?  If so, how? This sounds like a common problem, but a can't find this needle in the Paypal haystack of options.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

For Donations, it's best to setup a "Donation" button on a web page or you can create an email link that you can send out.   It's possible to enter Credit Card info manually if you are using PayPal Here however, you will be charged a higher fee for manual entries (3.5% + $0.15 per transaction verses physically swiping the card for 2.7% per transaction).  Additionally, the money you receive using this method won't appear as a Donation in your account history per say, it will be handled like any other transaction, i.e., it will look like you sold an item.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.