charges requested urgently

devinek13
Contributor
Contributor
I recieved this email yesterday, and it has the paypal seal of approval on it, but the english isnt very good, and i dont understand what i am supposed to do here. someone help please!?

Dear ---- ------,

Thanks for using PayPal. We hereby want to inform you that your money is now ready to be credited into your PayPal Personal Account. The payment made by our client ----- ------ (---------@yahoo.com) was $---- USD plus PayPal fees of $----- USD which is to paid to our PayPal Payment Processing Department.

The money has been processed together with your $------ USD. We have emailed our client and he has sent the $-------USD PayPal charges to us today. So we implore you to get the PayPal fees of  $------ USD sent through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER to the buyer's information same as the refund of the Processing Fee mistakenly sent. Kindly get this done today so that we can release the funds of $------- USD into your PayPal Personal Account.

Note: The buyer is responsible for the western union charges, email us the amount it cost you to send the money in other for us to add it to your money.

Below is the information provided for sending the money:

First Name: --------
Last Name: -------
City:           --------
State:         ------
Zip code:    -----     

Note: Kindly provide us this information below after you might have send the money.Also note that their should be no security question when you want to send the money to avoid delay in funds transfer ( NO SECURITY QUESTION )

1) Sender's First Name
2) Sender's Last Name
3) Sender Address
4) The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to protect your account.

PayPal Customer Service
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Scam.  Don't click on any links in the email.  You can forward the email to PayPal Security if you want. 

See this link:   https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.