Help!

Frostcows
New Community Member

Hi,

So I recently sold an in game item and it said the person paid me $65 which i was ok with and said i should have the money in my account with the maximum time of 24hours and its been 2 days and i don't have the money. It says if they want there money back we both have to confirm but he dident send request someone please help me!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal tell you NEVER to send anything until you have the funds in your paypal account balance.

Paypal payments are more or less instant.

If you >>>

received an invoice (its a scam as sellers send invoices and not buyers).

also if its says its a gift and can't be chargedback OR

says funds won't be released for 24 hours. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Frostcows
New Community Member

this is what it says kern

Invoice number 0007  Invoice date 5/14/2015  Payment terms Due on receipt Due date 5/14/2015 

Bill To
 (my email)

Description Quantity Unit price Amount Steam Virtual Item 1 $65.00 $65.00
Subtotal $65.00 Total $65.00 USD
Terms and conditions

This is a PayPal gift. The amount can take 24 hours to reflect in your PayPal balance. This gift is non-refundable. After confirmation item can be traded. PayPal has you covered.

Note to recipient(s)

You have recieved a PayPal Gift! Unfortunately due to different currency's of both party's we need to process the transaction. The payment will take some time to reflect in your PayPal balance. This transaction is non-refundable for the buyer. Any charge-backs will have to be accepted by both party's.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its a scam.

The invoice is a bill to YOU and made to look as though the buyer has paid and altered with misleading information.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Frostcows
New Community Member

Total $65.00 USD

This is a PayPal gift. The amount can take 24 hours to reflect in your PayPal balance. This gift is non-refundable. After confirmation item can be traded. PayPal has you covered.

Note to recipient(s)

You have recieved a PayPal Gift! Unfortunately due to different currency's of both party's we need to process the transaction. The payment will take some time to reflect in your PayPal balance. This transaction is non-refundable for the buyer. Any charge-backs will have to be accepted by both party's.

Login to Me Too

Frostcows
New Community Member

Total $65.00 USD

Note to recipient(s)

Login to Me Too

Frostcows
New Community Member

Kern is there anything i can do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can contact customer services and report him.

If a lot of folks do that then they may do something re his account but doubt you will get your money back.   Smiley Sad

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page > click on the "call us" option on the left.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.