HELP

shichipi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm new here on PayPal. I would just like to ask if I could still receive payments even if I don't get verified? I'm an online freelancer and the required mode of payment is PayPal. Unfortunately, I don't have a debit/credit card to use for me to get verified.

I hope you can help me. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal will allow you to do a few transactions however, at some point, if you don't verify your account, you will run into issues with holds and/or may not even be able to send or receive funds.    Note, verification is a legal requirement for all transaction processing services including PayPal.  For example, if you were to use Square, a bank account is required.

Login to Me Too

shichipi
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! I forgot to tell you that I did link my bank account, would that be enough or I really should get a debit/credit card to get verified?
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You should be OK with just a bank account. 

PayPal likes a credit card because it serves as additional proof of ID and a backup funding source.  When you have a credit card linked and confirmed, should you pay for a purchase using your bank account, the payment to the merchant is almost instant.  If you don't have a card linked, then the payment from your bank account can take up to 4 days to get to the merchant.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.