Buy Now button's multiple drop-down selections not showing up upon payment

miranda822
Contributor
Contributor

I have set-up a custom Buy Now button form for the Real Estate School website I maintain so that a person can use a pair of drop-downs to select dates for two separate courses with the same form. Each drop down has its own on/os pair.

However, I have just received a message from my contact at the school stating that while a transaction using said form was completed, no dates are showing up as being selected. Note: there is no "Select an option"-type line within either drop-down.

I originally didn't add dropdowns directly to the Buy Now button when I created it only because it was a modified version of other forms I've already made. Those only have single drop-downs that have been working fine when edited outside of Paypal, though I placed drop-downs in them when their buttons were created.

Should I have place drop-downs in the newer Buy Now button when I created it, and do so now to fix things? In the meantime, I will tell my contact to e-mail the prospective student and ask for the dates they chose.

Please advise ASAP.

EDIT: I checked my records, and the purchase/registration was made at 11:11  PDT (no AM/PM given) on March 25. That same day, I had eliminated a date choice from each drop-down and replaced them with different ones at 2:07 PM EST. Could the change have affected the order?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It would help to see your code, else can't advise.  Would mind posting a link to the web page.

Login to Me Too

miranda822
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the website link: https://cjsore.dot5hosting.com/Registration/cont_ed_registration.html

Here is the relevant part, toward the bottom. I am now aware that the os/on pair for the agreement (shown in the page proper) doesn't match, that will be fixed. You may want to check this against what is on the live page, as I received an "invalid HTML removed" message when I pasted the code here.

<tr><tr><td>Course Selection and Start Date:</td></tr><tr>

<td>
  <input type="hidden" name="on8" value="Core Course" type="hidden"><u>Core Course:</u></td></tr><tr>
  <td>
  <select name="os8">
<option value="April_1_2013_Ethics_bundle">Ethics: April 1, 2013</option>
<option value="April_15_2013_Ethics_bundle">Ethics: April 15, 2013</option>
</select>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<input type="hidden" name="on9" value="Elective Course" type="hidden"><u>Elective Course:</u></td></tr><tr>
<td>
<select name="os9">
<option value="April_3_2013_Electronic_Transactions_bundle">Electronic Transactions: April 1, 2013</option>
<option value="April_17_2013_Electronic_Transactions_bundle">Electronic Transactions: April 17, 2013</option>
  </select></td></tr>

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Great, thanks for the link.  The online button creator has it's limitations.  For example, when you generate a hosted item button, you are limited to only 2 text input fields for Add to Cart or Buy Now buttons.  As you are kind of mixing what can be done and not be done together, the code is not working properly.  Basically, if you don't host the item button code, it should work and pass all the variables.

Login to Me Too

miranda822
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help. That would figure, though the older forms that only had one date drop-down go through fine despite their hosted buttons.

But now that you mentioned the limitations, maybe it's the fact that this one technically has three drop-downs (counting the one for State selection), and alternatively, changing the "State" drop-down to a text field would work instead?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.