How can I get my money from PayPal?

Rolf1963
New Community Member

For six weeks now, PayPal does everything to NOT provide help to me to finally get my money from my Swiss PayPal account - we are talking of about 1.100 Euro -  into my Romanian (ING) banking account.

I got money into my old Swiss PayPal account, but live in Romania for a while.

PayPal customer service, about every day when I called them, gave me new orders what to do, only that the following day, another customer agent told me, that it will not work and I had to do it differently. This goes on until this very day.

First they, after allegedly checking, told me that they will transfer my money to my Romanian Bank account at ING, only for me to find out a few days later, that they will not do it. Then they told me to open a Romanian PayPal account, which I did. Unfortunately I am not able to transfer the money between my Swiss and my Romanian PayPal account. The system blocks me immediately. However, I can see, that PayPal would take away over 100 EURO !!! from my money - transaction fees and a fantasy exchange rate - for a situation that PayPal caused to me.

They bother me with absolute ignorance and they want to charge me over 100 EURO should that money transfer between my PayPal account finally work out, what is, at this moment, highly doubtful.

Seriously so?

I already wasted so much of my time and some money to call them every other day, just to realize that they did absolutely not do anything in order to solve the problem and to let me have MY money.

What can I, at this point do, other than involving a lawyer?

Anyone out there who had similar bad experiences with PayPal?

Anyone out there who could give me an idea of how to overcome PayPal customer service ignorance and incompetence in order to finally get my hands on MY MONEY?

Thanks for contacting / messaging me.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rolf1963 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to close your old Paypal account and open a new Paypal account registered in the country where you now live. You would then need to add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things. However they may not be able to do so which is why you should do it before moving.

You can only withdraw funds to a local bank account and not another countries paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Philip0330
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has held my funds for 5 years. You and I will never get our money. The president of the United States has allowed PayPal to rob Americans and never have to suffer the consequences. PayPal has taken my mentally handicapped brothers money and they call me every week to inform me he will never get it back. One PayPal employee even laughed that my brother is retarded and told me that if she knew she was taking a retarded person's money, she would have wiped her butox with it after. How sick PayPal employees can be is mind-blowing. You will never see that money again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.