Sextortion

Kostandino
New Community Member
Hello community. I am a victim of sextortion and blackmails from two PayPal accounts. They threaten and bully me to post photos and videos everywhere, if I dont pay them the amount of 1000 (somehow, there is two people who have my photos).. Both users are based in Venezuela. The local police office is not much of help. What can I do? Can the bank account holders be identified through PayPal system?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kostandino 

Paypal can't reveal account holders i.d's unless a police officer requests the information.

Personally I would just stop paying or it will just continue.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kostandino

Thank you for your post and for bringing your question to the Community. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been a victim of fraud and intimidation. 

To add to @kernowlass 's information, I would also advise that you can report the activity via the pathway outlined in the Acceptable User Policy, to help with an investigation. You can find the Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website. The escalation pathways are listed toward the bottom of the page.

I hope this is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.