Help with Refund

2birdfield
Contributor
Contributor

If i initiated a dispute for a purchase made through the goods and service protection program, and it was not resolved in my favor because i did not respond in time to escalate the refund, can I issue another dispute because its within 180 days of purchase? The merchant never responded to the dispute and completely scammed me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @2birdfield 

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community and thanks for posting here!

I am happy to help you with your inquiry here. 

Once a dispute is opened, you will have 20 days to settle it with your seller. If you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate it to a claim. A dispute will automatically close after 20 days unless it’s been escalated. Closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim.

When a dispute is escalated to claim, the seller would be asked to respond within 10 days.  If the seller doesn't respond in the time frame, the claim will automatically close in the buyer's favor and a full refund will be issued. Please refer this page for more information on how claims work in PayPal. 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.