How to give discounts on subscriptions?

Ali1105
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! How can i give discount on subsciptions?

I have integrated PayPal API for subscriptions to my website and its working well. Please guide me how to provide discount feature for subscriptions in PayPal. For example, my subscription is 2 USD/Month with a setup fee of 100USD, now I want to offer 50 percent discount on setup fee..

How can I do that..

Right now for the time being I have created multiple plans with different rates according to the discount I want to give and then user puts the voucher code of my website and my server redirects it to the relevant plan ID... But this is just a trick, please guide me if there is any concrete solution for this Thanks...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ali1105 

Thanks for that question! It appears you are actually doing this correctly. The subscription API is Plan driven in that if you want a different pricing scheme, simply create a new plan for that and programmatically redirect to the correct plan when appropriate. So, having a "discount" plan is the correct way to go about this so that you can redirect to it when a given discount code is entered.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Ali1105
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks you.
Login to Me Too

Swoopa
New Community Member
I think it’s a bit ridiculous to have to make a discount price and host the button on a webpage in order to affective my give a discount. It’s time consuming given there are a host of potential discounts given by businesses. Stripe handle discounts perfectly. It’s very simple and intuitive.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.