dispute enquiry

mayfair
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

New to here, could do with some quick adice about a dispute.  I ordered item leather bag from china, item arrived month

later it was plastic and filed dispute which paypal have favoured me and will issue refund once item returned to china,

which is very expensive to post to so i will still then be out of pocket, which is not protectioning me as a buyer as i see it!

What is my postition on this is there a way that i can get postal cost before hand or even after posting when i request money i only requested for what i had paid as i did not think ahead far enough tht postal costs would be inccurred. I would appreciate some input on what i can do as there is no a link in the dispute page to contact and ask paypla or the case person dealing with my case.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Mayfair,

Firstly, was the item you received not the correct fabric or was the item a counterfeit product? If the item was a counterfeit product, you should be able to provide us with proof showing that the item was not a genuine product and we should be able to investigate the case further on your behalf. You would not be requested to return the item to your seller if the item you received was a counterfeit item.

If the item you received was a different fabric and not what you ordered, you would be asked to return the item to your seller. I can see that you were already asked to return the item to your seller. In these types of cases, we are unable to provide any reimbursment to a buyer for returning an item to a seller.

When we can see that the seller has received the item back from you, legally, we are only able to refund the original transaction amount. This would include the original postage and packaging costs that you would have paid to your seller.

I know this may not be the answer that you were hoping for but I hope the information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.