Hi please help

bighugga12
Contributor
Contributor
Hi i posted this i the american part until i came to this site Hi i am in the middle of a dispute, On Paypal, i payed a certain amount in exchange for goods, On my receipt i clearly stated  on ebay via messages and on the recepit that i was paying for a particular mobile phone.  However the Seller sends me the wrong phone. I opened a dispute up and have been asked to return the package. I am in the process of returning the package, because i have send it special delivery and recorded. I have also posted the tracking number on paypal. Special delivery means you will receive it before 1pm the next day. However  Royal Mail have said we have failed to deliver your item as the person was out   " and we have left a while you were out card.You can arrange a redelivery online, call the number on your card to arrange a re-delivery, or collect the item from your local enquiry office by bringing your card and proof of identification and address" i am simply confused about how to proceed. I cant get my refund unless the person says they have received the package. on the tracking number details on royal mail it clearly states that the package is waiting in the closest delivery office near to the person. Therefore i want to be advised to how to proceed? Do i just wait on the person to claim they have received it ?  Will paypal take notice of the fact that the package was failed to deliver as the person was out and side/wait with me?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

bighugga12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i am in the middle of a dispute, On Paypal, i payed a certain amount in exchange for goods, On my receipt i clearly stated  on ebay via messages and on the recepit that i was paying for a particular mobile phone.  However the Seller sends me the wrong phone. I opened a dispute up and have been asked to return the package. I am in the process of returning the package, because i have send it special delivery and recorded. I have also posted the tracking number on paypal. Special delivery means you will receive it before 1pm the next day. However  Royal Mail have said we have failed to deliver your item as the person was out   " and we have left a while you were out card.

You can arrange a redelivery online, call the number on your card to arrange a re-delivery, or collect the item from your local enquiry office by bringing your card and proof of identification and address"

i am simply confused about how to proceed. I cant get my refund unless the person says they have received the package. on the tracking number details on royal mail it clearly states that the package is waiting in the closest delivery office near to the person. Therefore i want to be advised to how to proceed? Do i just wait on the person to claim they have received it ?  Will paypal take notice of the fact that the package was failed to deliver as the person was out and side/wait with me?

Login to Me Too

bighugga12
Contributor
Contributor
HI, i posted another thread yet no one has responded i think thats my fault. ANYWAY i am in a middle of a dispute as someone sent me the wrong item. I opened a claim and paypal requested me to send it back. I did via royal mail recorded signed next day delivery service. I uploaded the tracking number on paypal. The iperson who sold me the wrong item wasnt at home so royal mail left them a note and told thembto pick it up from the delivery office. The paypal status says waiting for other party to respond. On the tracking details it clearly says item needs to be picked up. Im not sure what to do next or howto procced.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi bighugga12,

Thanks for posting your query and welcome to the UK Community Forum!

I’ve moved your posts into one thread so I can answer all three in one place. When you (the buyer) are asked to return an item to the seller, the seller is obliged to collect the item from the post office. If delivery was attempted and a card was left, PayPal may require your Proof of Postage receipt to confirm that the item was sent to the correct address. If this is requested, I’d recommend uploading it to the Resolution Centre as soon as possible as you are normally given three days to respond to the request.

If the transaction was over £150.00GBP, PayPal will then contact the seller via email and instruct them to collect their item from the post office.  If your claim is still open and you wish to discuss the claim, I’d recommend calling our Claims Team for account specific information. If you click on the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of any PayPal page and chose the phone option, you will be provided with the telephone number and a one-time pass code.

I hope this helps,

Maria

Login to Me Too

bighugga12
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Payap asked me to upload the proof os postage, in this case it was the receipt . Thanks you for replying. I further just wanted to ask, should i juat upload the proof postage or the picture of the package withe address on it? The picture i have bas just the address on it with my signsture and date. The lady at the post office obv put the additinal stuff on but i never obv got to take a pic of that. I know the receipt is enough would you advise me to upload the picture aswell. Also the item the seller send me wasnt obviously the phone i wanted. I opened the box they sent me in, thinking they could have sent me the phone but in a different phone box. I opened it and it wasnt the phone i requested. Would that affect anything?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.