Error "PS1036lq" when trying to PayPal as payment option using BlackBerry OS v.10.3.3

RobC_thbay
Contributor
Contributor

I've just started getting the following error message when trying to add PayPal as a payment option.

"We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later (PS1036lq).

I had this problem about a year ago and managed to get it fixed. Please see this blog for the details and a solution that worked at the time:

http://utbblogs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3333

I had to reinstall the OS a few days ago and the same error reappeared. The trick I used previously (pressing save 8 times in a row when adding paypal as a payment option) no longer works and PayPal sees that unusual activity as potentially fraudulent.

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks

Rob

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Gigger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

PayPal has updated their settings and I (as well as others internally) have been able to; 

1) set PayPal as a payment type

2) Purchase apps/games using PayPal.

if you are using 10.3.3 OS you should be good to proceed with setting up PayPal as a payment type, 

if you are using 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 OS there is a patch you will need to apply Link to KB article: 

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000038096&language=en_US

Please try it out and let me know if the updates have resolved your issue.

Thanks

Andrew Giguere

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Gigger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks for posting this, I have initiated an investigation with PayPal on this issue from the BlackBerry side of things.

Will update this thread when a solutions has been achieved.

Regards, 

Andrew Giguere

Service Prime BlackBerry World

Login to Me Too

RobC_thbay
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andrew

Thanks for checking into this. Looking forward to a solution.

Thanks

Rob

Login to Me Too
Solved

Gigger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

PayPal has updated their settings and I (as well as others internally) have been able to; 

if you are using 10.3.3 OS you should be good to proceed with setting up PayPal as a payment type, 

if you are using 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 OS there is a patch you will need to apply Link to KB article: 

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000038096&language=en_US

Thanks

Andrew Giguere

Login to Me Too

exwookie
Contributor
Contributor
This solved my issue! Thank to all supporters! dj exwookie
Login to Me Too

exwookie
Contributor
Contributor
This solution solved my issue! Thank to all supporters! dj exwookie
Login to Me Too

RobC_thbay
Contributor
Contributor

@Gigger wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks

Andrew Giguere

Hi Andrew

That fixed it!

Thanks!!

Login to Me Too

exwookie
Contributor
Contributor
When I'm trying to add Paypal as additional payment option under "Payment Options" and clicking "save" then I'm receiving the same error message on my BlackBerry Passport os 10.3.2
Login to Me Too

Gigger
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, that is an excellent data point I will add it to the case I have opened with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.