t\The transaction link in your ID is invalid

brykendal
New Community Member

Hello!

I have tried to sell a heater twice on ebay. Both times the heater was sold and when it came time for payment, ebay shows the hourglass that says "Payment was initiated and is being processed." The problem is that it never finishes processing. Also, when I click the link in ebay to view the Paypal transaction there is a notice on the Paypal login page that says, "the transaction link in your ID is invalid." I go ahead and sign in to Paypal and there is no record of any payment being initiated. the last time I tried selling the heater It was supposedly purchased by an ebay member which hadn't purchased anything in over a year, so I was a bit suspicious. I kept asking the buyer to try to cancel and pay again and they said they would. It never showed canceled and finally I cancelled the transaction and they were supposed to accept. I wrote them and asked them to accept and they said they would, but they never did and I never heard from them again.

I am sispiciousd of these because I have never had a problem getting payment in 177 other transactions before these issues arose.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is this a scam? Should I cancel the transaction right away this time? Is there a way to block people who don't pay right away so there will never be the "Payment is processing" message?

Thank you sooooo much!

: )

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

elmien
New Community Member

I had this happen to me to and quite by accident I found out that when I checked my email account attached to the ebay and paypal and went into the email sent to me by paypal about the payment made to me, it connected and verified my email address and THEN the stuff started showing up on paypal. 

Now my dilemma is that it shows on paypal as payment transaction completed and tells me to ship, but on ebay it still says paypal is processing and has not changed that status for days.  I read somewhere on these forums that it may never change. 

Well maybe this will help with the first hurdle at least!  :0/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.