is it better to link my bank account or debit card?

squike
Contributor
Contributor
hello! i just linked my bank account but also my debit card into paypal but im starting to wonder if i should delete one of them since technically they both go to the same place (this is for my small business btw), is it better if i connect paypal with my bank account or my debit card?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@squike 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately its hard for us to advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

squike
Contributor
Contributor
oh i don’t know how to do that but i’m in the u.s.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@squike 

ok then as you are in the U.S you can connect both bank account and cards.

If you 'just' add a bank account then firstly your payments may go as 'echeques' and take 5-7 days to process through to the seller. HOWEVER if you have a back up card linked to your paypal account then paypal will credit the seller instantly and paypal will take the wait for any processing funds.

If you only have a bank account then at some point paypal may require you to add a card to act as a back up funding source.

So the answer to your question in my opinion is yes add both OR add your bank account and a credit card? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

squike
Contributor
Contributor
oh ok, i also have one more question if that’s ok, is it better to have just one account that’s a business account (let’s say if you’re only planning on using it as a payment option for a small business) or should i make both a personal and a business?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.