Why i cant link my debit card it say it linked to another payapl account but its not

Slurz
New Community Member
I cant link my debit card it say its been linked to another account
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slurz 

Have you just removed it from another account and closed that one OR have you never added that card to a paypal account at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NOTAditya
Well, about mine yes i did remove a card and closed my acc? And I’m trying to link that card in my new acc
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hey @NOTAditya

Thanks for posting here :). I am sorry to hear that you were not able to add your card. If you removed the card from a previous account you should be able to add it again. You cannot add the card if it has been linked to 3 PayPal accounts in the past. I would advise making sure that the name and address is matching with the details on the PayPal account. It is also important that there is a balance on the card when you try to add the card. This ways we can check if the card details are added correct. The best way to add a card is using your safe and trusted home location. If you are traveling, our security system can not block the card from being linked. In that case it is best to leave it for 48 hours and to try it again after that. 

Not all cards are compattible on PayPal. If you are still not able to add the card you can always reach out to us through the 'Help & contact' link at the bottom of each page. 

I hope you will be able to add the card soon. 

-Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.