Why can't I set a confirmed bank account as my preferred payment method?

marchred
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently linked a new bank account to my PayPal account. I have been through the two deposit confirmation process and the account shows a status of 'Confirmed' - I even received a 'thanks for confirming your account' from Paypal. However, the 'Set as preferred' link is not showing when I access the account details via wallet. As far as I am aware there's no further steps to undertake to validate the account. Appreciate it if someone can tell me what I need to do to set this account as my preferred payment method.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

marchred
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemaker

Thank you for your response, however your suggestion won't work. It's not my only payment method and I need to set my preferred method to the new account, so automatic deductions will be debited from that account (i.e. no checkout involved). I contacted Paypal support and they were able to set it as my preferred method.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marchred 

If your bank account is the only payment method linked and no PayPal balance available, then that would be the defacto preferred payment method wouldn’t it. Nevertheless, you may select the bank account again when you checkout. Be sure to review payment details before you finalize it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

marchred
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemaker

Thank you for your response, however your suggestion won't work. It's not my only payment method and I need to set my preferred method to the new account, so automatic deductions will be debited from that account (i.e. no checkout involved). I contacted Paypal support and they were able to set it as my preferred method.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.