SBI Visa Credit card not linked

bhrugu
Contributor
Contributor

I Have SBI Visa credit card through which I can purchase item internationally. 

I tried to add this visa credit card to paypal, but I can not. Paypal gives me error 

"Your card has been declined. Please try a different payment method."

After few failed attempts I wait for few minute then I added the card succesfully.

Then I deleted the card and again I tried to add same card but this time I am getting same error as above.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @bhrugu. I'm sorry to hear there's been any problem linking your card to your PayPal account. In general, PayPal must receive permission from a card issuer to link a card to a PayPal account and also each time the card is to be used to fund a payment. While your card may be activated for international purchases in general, there may be a setting your card issuer needs to adjust so PayPal can access the card via our System.

In addition, PayPal's Security System checks all account actions and transactions and determines if it's possible to allow them to be completed. The System protects the entire network but any action it takes is not meant to be a reflection on you or your standing with PayPal. The System is there to keep customers' personal information and transactions as safe and secure as possible.

The System also regulates the ability to add and/or re-add financial information. It's possible that removing the card and then trying to re-add it exceeded the threshold for the number of times that is allowed for your current account and any other accounts you might have created in the past. I'm sorry if that's the case, but it will be necessary for you to use a different card if you continue to see the same error message.

I hope this helps to clarify things. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.