Prefered Payment method Not showing

Asep123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, when I go to payment methods and try to choose a payment method to send it to my friend, it doesn't show me anything on the list. It's supposed to show me PayPal Balance so I could use it but it doesn't show anything. It only shows Please add a payment method, even tho I already set PayPal balance as the preferred payment method. it tells me to choose Link a credit card but.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asep123 

Are the funds in your balance in the correct currency that the recipient accepts? Paypal do not convert balances on checkout only from cards/bank accounts.

Secondly paypal often need you to add and confirm a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your paypal account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Asep123
Contributor
Contributor
Oh well , I don't have a credit card but i do have bank accounts linked yo my paypal. And status was still checking , but in my android app status was confirmed .
Login to Me Too

Asep123
Contributor
Contributor
And yea ive tried to match the currencies but it still asking me to link a credit card
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi @Asep123

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

From your Community profile I can see you are located in Indonesia. Please be advised within Indonesia you can use your PayPal balance to send funds, if the receiver accepts payments via the balance. It is not possible to fund payments using your bank account, and you will need to add a debit/credit card to fund purchases if you do not have a positive balance. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.