LINKING A BANK ACCOUNT

joyolokungboye
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've been having issues with linking an online community USD bank account to my PayPal for withdrawal. I created a PayPal Iceland account. I don't know if I should convert my money to EURO since Iceland General currency is EURO. If this is the case will I need to use a EURO bank account details to withdraw. Also, I've noticed that during the linking process, there was an icon for personal with my user name and business with my business description. So, will I Be clicking on the business or personal icon. I'm asking because the personal icon holds the name used in my EURO and USD community bank.  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joyolokungboye 

You have a Lesotho paypal account.

User joyolokungboye: Lesotho Business Account

So as paypal is country specific you have to open and use a paypal account registered in the country where you live.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

joyolokungboye
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand. I typed that I opened a PayPal Iceland that is, PayPal.com/Is. Lesotho I a different country.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joyolokungboye 

When you click to register a paypal account one of the first options is a drop down list with U.S at the top (as paypal is a U.S country).

Then you scroll down the list until you see your country and click on it.

You have not opened an Icelandic account but an African country paypal account of Lesotho.

You would need to close that one (if you can) removing anything you added from it and open one for your correct country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

joyolokungboye
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, but I have $85.14 and I need it for my meds. Also, whenever I try to link a virtual bank, it keeps telling me "we're having a problem verifying it's you". If I can't link a bank, how then do I link a bank. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joyolokungboye 

You can't withdraw funds from another countries paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.