Deduction from my card without my permission

Mrafog
New Community Member
Why the you deduct money from the card i linked yesterday without my permission, please refund my money back to my card thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Craig

Hi @Mrafog

Welcome to the Community!

In this situation, it's best to ensure you had no recurring payments, subscriptions, or automatic billing agreements set up with the merchant. 

If this is the case then you can request a refund from the merchant. 

To report any unauthorized charges on the account, please follow the steps listed here: 

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Click the transaction you want to report and click Continue.
  4. Select "I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize."
  5. Follow the steps to report the transaction.

Once you have filed an unauthorized transaction dispute, we'll investigate the transaction. You'll receive an email within 10 days to provide you with additional information.

I hope this helps you out. 
Paypal_Craig

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Craig 

Think they mean the amount deducted to confirm the card.

@Mrafog 

Firstly you can't add a debit card in your country, only a visa credit card.

So if you added a visa credit card then you have to confirm it after adding it as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/ng/smarthelp/article/where-do-i-find-the-paypal-code-to-link-and-confirm-my-c...

Secondly if you linked a debit card and so did not get a code then any un-used codes/amounts will time out at 30 days and go back to your card issuer to process the refund for you.

If you linked a credit card then the amount is refunded to the card issuer for processing as soon as you enter the code and confirm the card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.