Can't link bank account because of the "Use English characters only" error

Moisei
New Community Member

Hello,

I would like to add my bank account to my profile but I can't fill the account form because it complains on the bank name field with the error "Use English characters only." I am typing in English, of course, and I've tried different combinations of words and letters and upper and low cases, but it is always the same.

Moisei_0-1652979624896.png

Please advise,

Moisei.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ronenfe
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like paypal has a bug with israeli accounts, i have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

kosta998
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same exact problem

Login to Me Too

kosta998
Contributor
Contributor

I found a solution. Instead of Hapoalim you need to input Bank Hapoalim Ltd. Thanks to a support of paypal!

So its not a language problem, you just need to use a full name of the bank. But the error message is wrong.

Login to Me Too

ronenfe
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. You are right. It works when the first word is bank or a 2 letter word. That's a bad bug. Which still isn't fixed after so long. That's worrying that such a bug and no reaction to users reports happen in a company with access to sensitive information. Also they don't let you transfer money to your PayPal account from the Israeli account. Also when adding the account I got an error saying they couldn't verify my identity and I needed to call them and they told me to try again and it worked.
Login to Me Too

yu_me
New Community Member

OK,

And what is the Bank Code for it (2 digits, no spaces)?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.