won't let me add bank account

sammyb81
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to add my bank account to my PayPal but for the last 8+ hours it just says we are unable to process this try again later?! I can't send the items to buyers unless I can withdraw the funds to my bank account? So I need this sorted asap please help?! I've tried using different browser and cleared cache I dont know what else to do the phone lines are closed now too?!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately as this is a public community, it's not possible to look at user info to see what may be going on.   Assuming you have a US PayPal account (just guessing), here are some common issues you might encounter when linking a bank account:
* The bank account must be a U.S. bank.
* The bank account can’t be linked to more than one account at a time.
* The bank account can't be linked if it has already been linked to 3 previous PayPal accounts.
* The name on the bank account must match the name on the PayPal account.

PayPal can confirm accounts from most banks and credit unions.  Unfortunately, there are some banks that are not compatible with PayPal, including most online only or prepaid bank accounts.  If you receive the message "Check and Try again," you may have typed the wrong number, or PayPal may not accept your bank.

Login to Me Too

sammyb81
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sorry I'm new to this I'm actually in the UK? And unfortunately none of the things you posted are the issue as it hasn't been used for another PayPal I have definitely typed the details right its just obviously a problem with the PayPal site because its saying we are unable to add bank account at this time please try again later? But it has been saying that all day I've tried at least 5 times now? My name matches etc? Thank you for replying to me though? 

Login to Me Too

sammyb81
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot_2018-06-24-23-17-43-1.png

Login to Me Too

Fsild
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I'm in Estonia and can't link my account. It keeps saying to try again later. 

Login to Me Too

Ratchethead
New Community Member

well, this might be applicable if the system was working, but there is a problem with paypal not the bank or the information that was entered, or anything else. I've been trying to set up an account for a relative for 10 days without success. Paypal, why can't you admit you have a problem instead of stringing people along? I've been an eBay seller for many years and have always relied on Paypal (monopoly) to assist in the transactions. Hope to find another resource for this.

Get it fixed, please

Login to Me Too

Alizej
New Community Member
I’m having the same issue. It is so frustrating. Makes me not wanna use PayPal
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525FA
New Community Member
I’m having the same problem in the UK don’t know if it is the time I am trying to add accounts or not I have tried in the evening but it’s online and shouldn’t affect it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.