Why so hard to change the name of my bank?

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

First I tried to transfer money to my bank. After 3 days of trying, finally noticed that my bank had a name change due to merging but only the name changed. Everything else remained the same. The Help screens said I had to delete my bank account and re-enter as new account. (what a waste of time) but I did that. Wonderful....I  still cannot link the bank because:
1. The phone number is not a mobile number and I don't have text and data anyway so I cannot get a verification code.
2.  The mobile number that I do have is not recognized as a good number (even though I verified the number 3 times).
3. After spending more time on the help screen, finally was able to add a home phone number. Didn't matter.
3. I do not have a PIN number for my bank. Can't go forward without it.

So here I am a week later and am really **bleep** now.  No bank account to transfer money. No bank account for PayPal to take money if I overdraw the money in PayPal. I'm READY TO CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT that I've had for 23 years because I'm REALLY FURIOUS over this.

Why the heck is it so hard to just change the name of a bank?????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Natasha

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering an error when trying to remove and add a bank account, to update the name. If you are experiencing difficulties when attempting to add a bank to your PayPal account, please try clearing your cache and cookies or try using a different internet browser to access your account. If you are attempting to log in through the mobile app, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if this helps to resolve the issue. Also, from what you described above, it sounds like we are trying to send you an SMS to verify the activity. This does need to be done to a mobile number. If the error still occurs, you will need to contact us by phone. You can obtain the phone number for your region by clicking Help at the bottom of the PayPal website. 

-Natasha
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.