Trouble with linking bank account and withdrawing money

RyoSurbakti
I opened my PayPal account in 2014. I used it for online shopping for a while, but didn't use it anymore until recently. Last week, I wanted to buy a game online and found out that they receive payment by credit card or PayPal. Since I don't have a credit card, and also because I still have 50 dollars in my PP account, I tried to use PP to pay. However, it turned out I still needed to link a credit card (which I don't have) to make payment, so I cancelled the purchase. Now, since I don't want to use PayPal anymore, I tried to withdraw my fund to my bank account that I linked to PP since 2014, but it was declined. Admittedly, I've never withdrawn money from PP to bank account before, so I never knew if there's any problem. A friend suggested that the names I use for PP and bank are different. It appears so, since I use my shortened name for PP account, but full formal name for bank account. Currently, I'm trying to change the name I use for PayPal by sending all the required documents asked for that purpose. However, I haven't received any report of progresss regarding this matter, and it has been a week. I don't even know if they have received my documents. I live in Indonesia and 50 dollars is a week salary here. I wonder if all these blind hopes and endeavours will be fruitful, or I'll end up learning that 50 dollars is the education cost of choosing inconvenient and non user-friendly payment service.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RyoSurbakti 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.