Prepaid Digital Solutions Mastercard - why can't I add/use it in Paypal

mrsboeng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I tried adding the above prepaid card afew times but it doesn't allow me to use it to part pay for items, eg Transation not permitted. Is this prepaid card not allowed in Paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @mrsboeng,

Welcome and Thank you for taking the time to post within our PayPal Community.

I understand you wish to link a prepaid card to your PayPal. Usually, PayPal does not suggest using a prepaid card within our system. While the option to add a prepaid card may be an option to link to your account, it's not something we normally recommend as you may potentially run into issues with our security system and/or confirm the card if need be. It's normally best to add a debit/credit card that's fully registered and operated by a bank/credit card company. Also, if you ever throw the prepaid card away, it's hard to track a refund if it takes longer than usual.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.