Paid negative wallet balance, was still withdrawn

Specs4
New Community Member

An issue arose and I paid for a service twice, the second payment was unexpected and put my bank in the negative due to not enough funds which caused my paypal wallet to receive a negative balance. I quickly and manually paid the negative balance as to avoid and further withdraw attempts.

On the 27th I receive and email saying that on the 24th paypal attempted to withdraw funds but due to yet again lack of funds that debited the amount to my paypal wallet however, paypal does not have a negative balance and my bank shows paypal transaction for the exact negative balance but on the 27th.

I'm assuming their automatic system to recover a negative wallet balance is at fault here and simply would like a way to stop any further attempts at recovering a negative balance that has already been paid!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Specs4 

When a bank payment is returned unpaid, just top up your bank account only. Don’t top up your PayPal balance because PayPal will automatically make another attempt to debit your bank. It must successfully debit the amount from your bank, even if you add money to PayPal or received a refund on the transaction.

What you do now is top up your bank account and let PayPal debit your bank. You’ll end up with a positive PayPal balance of the insufficient amount.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.