Moorcroft debt letters anyone?

Dcc4
Contributor
Contributor

Seems I’m not the only one whose account is not in debit but PayPal have sent a recovery demand to Moorcroft. Thinking of a FOI request to find out how bad this problem is . 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Dcc4

Thank you for the post and welcome to our community forum!

I do understand your concern. For this one, your best option would be contacting our customer support. You can contact us by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Dcc4
Contributor
Contributor

Good Advice today but crap over xmas and new year because you were closed . Plus whilst I appreciate you like complaining handling over the phone I , and I’m sure many others wrongly sent debt letters: prefer communicating in writing so as to have. Proper record . 
Since I’ve already sent a report to the ombudsman I have good cause to prefer this :- especially so since it seems you let crooks set up a spoof account in my name with a different email and mobile , without taking the obvious course of trying to check the validity using the original contact details!!

Login to Me Too

Cracker1111
Contributor
Contributor
Can you help me and let me know how you resolved this? I’ve had the same issue by the sounds of it. I came home a couple of weeks to a debt recovery letter from same company. I thought it was a fake letter as have never been in debt. After calling twice and using chat, and being told my account was clear, the last advisor found a fraudulent account linked to mine, some sort of business account. Because I can’t verify the email address (because it’s not mine) they can’t share any details. They said they would open an investigation case but this was two weeks ago and not heard anything and I’m worried and have no idea what to do next. I’ve sent a ‘prove it’ letter to debt recovery but my concern is who ever has set that account up can continue to use against my name and continue to rank up debts. Did you manage to resolve this? Frustratingly, PayPals debt line seem to only like phone calls and like you struggle to get any proof in writing. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.