Mauritian PayPal issue with local bank. (Help Urgent)

Keeelesh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mauritians using PayPal, are you all having the same issue when trying to connect your local bank to PayPal even after trying all the methods proposed by the Resolution Center? I've (a); an issue where they're telling me to link a US bank account (b) I can't link my local MCB account as it says "Card Declined"? If anyone could enlightened me/ propose some solutions for this issue?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Keeelesh,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're having issues while linking your financials and I understand this can be frustrating. It looks like the option to link your bank account is not available at this time. In this case, you can only link cards only. The reason why the card would have been declined may be due to internal risk. Our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction/activity to keep you safe. Any activity of adding a card/bank can often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity or not safe for your account in the future. Here's the Help Center Article to know why can't you link the card to your PayPal account. 

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Keeelesh
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, I tried everything and nothing seems to work, they keep holding my clients funds, everytime I try to input my bank info it says "Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions." Even though I've already already called my bank, nothing seems to have been done!!! I don't have a US bank account nor I'm going to risk having to put $200 in this account just for "purchasing history" and potentially have that also be stuck!! Seriously, really PayPal???? It's $24!!! I want my money!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Keeelesh

Thanks for reaching back out on the Community! 

I'm sorry you're still unable to link your local bank. PayPal accounts in Mauritius are unable to receive payments at this time, and you will only be able to add a card to send payments. Based on the error message you've included, it does sound like you're trying to link a card rather than a bank account, which is excellent. Typically, if we receive a message from your bank that the card cannot be linked, then the account information being added doesn't match what the bank's records have. When trying to add the card, please double-check all information before submitting. If the error persists, you can reach Customer Support by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website, but as a last resort, you may need to add a different card. 

I hope you can add the card soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.