I want to transfer money to my bank but don't have a PIN number

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

My bank account is already linked to PayPal but I tried to transfer some money to it today. Paypal asks for my bank and then wants me to sign in and enter my PIN number. I don't have one. How can I transfer money to my linked bank account? 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@micsha 

Have you confirmed it with the 4 digit code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

What 4 digit code? It asked for my PIN number. I don't have a PIN number. Period. I can't go forward without that number. So what do I do? Nothing. Can't transfer money I guess.

Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

I am linked to my bank account since I joined years ago, but either something went wrong, or I did something wrong. I just don't know how to get around PayPal asking for the name of my bank and a PIN number to send money as if I'm not linked to it.

Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

I finally called the company yesterday and the agent helped me enter my bank account. Now the problem developed where I can't TRANSFER any money from PayPal TO my bank. Agent transferred me to Supervisor and after another 1/2 hour, tells me that I can't be verified. The number they want to text the verification code  is my cell phone. I kept telling him I don't have text and data because it costs extra. He insisted it had to go through mobile phone or else I won't be able to transfer any money to my bank. So, after 2 hours on the phone, only half the problem has been solved. 

This should NEVER have happened and I'm more than furious. Why couldn't he send the verification code to my landline???? Other companies send verifications to my landline. Why not PayPal???? I've been with PP since 2000. You would think there would be easy solutions for problems but I guess they're still living in the dark ages. I now have to change all the retailer payments to my charge card and since I do get money once in a while, I won't be able to do that anymore. I'll have to take gift cards instead of cash. I guess the money I have in PP will sit there forever. 

Thank you, PayPal for all the trouble and headaches you've given me. Never thought I'd see the day where the "customer" doesn't count. Very furious and disappointed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@micsha 

There has been messages on all paypal accounts for months telling you to add or update a mobile phone to your paypal account ready for 2FA.

Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

I did not have a cell phone until recently and I do not have text or data on the mobile phone. In fact, PayPal would NOT accept my mobile phone number until the supervisor entered it. Again, I cannot receive text on this phone. It is a separate cost and I don't use my phone except for a few family contacts. I use my landline phone for everything else. So what was I to do? Update a mobile phone that I didn't have and then update it because I don't have text and data so you couldn't reach me to verify anything anyway???

What you're telling me is I might as well quit PayPal since I'll be unable to do anything with it, especially transferring back and forth with my bank. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@micsha 

Paypal have told you that you require a mobile phone that can accept texts to continue using your Paypal account.

So you either do that or stop using Paypal, you're call really.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

That's really a shame, isn't it, for a customer of theirs for 23 years and used it to receive money and made TRANSFERS to my bank until almost 2 weeks ago...because the autorobot wanted me to change the name of my bank to the correct name....used the same bank for 23 years too. I changed the the mobile phone number because I had gotten a phone. I had my landline phone number in there up until yesterday. Supervisor refused to send verification code to my phone even though so many other companies do it. I do not have PayPal on my cell phone either. So, the money sits there unless I buy something worth the amount in there and what happens if the item costs more than that amount? It doesn't get paid.

You guys really care about your customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.