Error Message Saying (My bank account) is not accepted

NolanS
New Community Member

I've been having lots of trouble with getting my bank account as a payment method. Today, I tried buying something and it said i need to add a credit card, along with the message, "Sorry, (My bank name, not going to post that) is not accepted, please try another payment method".

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NolanS 

Is your bank account confirmed and have you used it before?

Also have you had any failed bank transfers OR negative balances at all recently?

Is it a proper bank and not a virtual / digital bank?

You have a U.S paypal account so do  you live in the U.S? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Midobatsu
Contributor
Contributor

im having a similar situation suddenly, i've used my bank account for my preferred payment method for over 10 years but my most recent payment ended up going through my paypal balance, which is weird since a payment i made 3 days earlier went through my bank no problem, now my paypal balance is in the red and anytime i try to buy something with the missing amount added to it, it says that exact message... yet paypal lets me top off my balance with that exact same bank without issues.. 

let me know if you find a solution

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Midobatsu

Thank you for the post and welcome to our community forum!

Sorry to hear that your payment method changed for a transaction. At the time a transaction is attempted, a review is done by our internal security model used to identify any risk and we may change the payment method if there's any risk found during the internal review. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. You can clear the negative balance by adding money to your account. You can find the detailed information here

I hope this information helps.

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.