Direct Deposit Please help

lowkeybrianaa
Contributor
Contributor

When setting up my direct deposit, under my account and routing number it it says "Your money will be held in a custodial account at Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.". What does this mean? I already have the PayPal mastercard and I've never done direct deposit with PayPal so I'm not sure if the money will go straight into my PayPal account balance or to the custodial account at that bank. If anyone knows about it please help, I'm trying to set up direct deposit with Etsy. 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Kalawaia808
Contributor
Contributor
I also have an issue with the stimulus check depositing. So on the get my payment option through the irs.gov website...urs told u it would be there on 04-30-2020 and u still havent received anything? Wow thats crazy because mine said 05-28-2020 so I guess I have awhile to wait. Please somebody post something helpful
Login to Me Too

jolenebean78
Contributor
Contributor
Have you received your money or an answer yet? I haven't and I'm furious! IRS literally hangs up on you and PayPal has generic AI answers. This is ridiculous
Login to Me Too

jolenebean78
Contributor
Contributor
Mine said it was deposited into PayPal, but looking at activity for that date doesn't show a deposit or even a hold. PayPal's automated responses said contact IRS. That's a joke even without a pandemic going on! So basically, we ping pong in a cloud or between AI's until they can figure out where they messed up. Also the AI that I was messaging had no clue about Wells Fargo or the involvement of them. I find really disturbing seeing as how PayPal has it in fine print under direct deposit being the custodial account that funds will be held in. None of this makes sense, if it doesn't make sense or add up, it's some sort of scam or mistake that no one owns up to.
Login to Me Too

ccamomile1
New Community Member

were you ever able to receive the deposit from the irs into your paypal direct deposit acct

Login to Me Too

Natalia53
New Community Member

I have my paypal account which is attached to my bank card and every time someone sends me money this money credit directly on my bank card. I would like this money to be credited to PayPal Balance Wallet.

I Found Paypal Apps On This Site:<removed>

Login to Me Too

jussliyahh
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same exact question except for the Etsy part anyways I am Amazon MTurk Worker and I was wondering if my money will go to the Wells Fargo custodial account or my PayPal balance and yes I have a PayPal cash card
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.