Can't change expiry date!

Temp20211007a
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have big problem that I already contacted paypal about but they couldn't help me so I am trying again. I broke my credit card and got a new one with new expiration day last was 09/23 and the new one is 12/23 but when I try to change expiry day to 12/23 on paypal I get error but when I enter 09/23 it says it has been changed...Can somone help me please? I already tried to call my bank and everything is fine with them and I also was able to pay something on internet directly through my card with new expiry date. Pls help.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

mbaldicanas
New Community Member

Is your problem resolved? If yes, how?

Login to Me Too

Temp20211007a
Contributor
Contributor
No, it's not solved and because of this situation with Covid 19 I can't contact directly Paypal...So I think I am really stuck now and little bit dissapointed with support they give.
Login to Me Too

ACMNamasasu
Contributor
Contributor

My issue is still unresolved. Perhaps would it help to just remove the card then register it afresh with the updated details?

Login to Me Too

ACMNamasasu
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so I went ahead and de-linked my card from PayPal and tried to link it back with the updated details and now the card is being declined. Anyone with a solution for this?

Login to Me Too

Temp20211007a
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, just to let you know I successfully solved this thing.

I contacted them through message center in business hours and in few hours got reply that theirs security check got some activity on my account so they blocked me to update or remove cards. Today they called me via phone to make a security check and to confirm identity and that was it.-+

Login to Me Too

claudeharel
New Community Member

We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.

I am getting this message each time I want to change the expiry date of the credit card I usually use

thank you for your help

regards

C M Harel

Login to Me Too

gogo1235121
New Community Member
Hey, I am the author of this post..just from new account. You need to contact them through message center and they will ask you when they can call you. Your account probably got suspected for some reason and they need to identify you. You'll need to tell them your full name and 16 numbers from your bank card and that should be it. That's how I managed to resolve that problem.
Login to Me Too

santaziz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, a bit of a dumb question but how do you find the message center? I have the same problem and would like to write to them

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.