Add Bank account from Georgia.

Temp20230224y
New Community Member

My business account is from Georgia. account verification has been completed. I want to add a bank account. but when I want to add it, paypal offers to add only the United states account. and I have an account in a Georgian bank. what should I do? there is no way to write to support, maybe there is mail?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230224y 

You can't add a local bank in every country, if you click on the wallet > bank and it only shows the U.S bank account option then its not available for a local bank account.

In some countries you can add a U.S bank account (not card) to your paypal account. This is because paypal is a U.S company and allows that option to ex-pats living abroad.

If you can't add a bank account then you should be able to add a credit card as a funding source instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ZackAlan

But it this case - if to add the card I have to pay some fees (like 5 $ fee) for transferring to my card, right? 

Login to Me Too

ZackAlan

I have the same problem. When I send money from my PayPal balance to my Georgian debit card it shows me that I'm going to be charged a 5 $ fee. 

So, then I called PayPal and they told me it's free to transfer money if I link my bank account and send money there. But when I tried that turned out there is an option of linking a U.S. bank account only. 

PayPal us just garbage. Wouldn't recommend anyone!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.