problem ebay return with paypall

FrancescoMeale
Contributor
Contributor

hello everyone,

I purchased a product from a seller on Ebay. The product arrived to me different from the description, so I opened Paypall complaint and I was proved right.

Now in order to receive the refund, I have to return the item, but my doubt is that paypall gave me as the seller's address but in the name is Ebay Sarl and not the seller's name instead.

By doing so, I pay for the shipment but it cannot be delivered because the courier is looking for EBay instead of the seller.

How is it done in these cases? I talked to Paypall and they told me that I have to use the address they provided. But by doing so, it comes back to me and so I will have spent additional money.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FrancescoMeale 

Why didn't you open an Ebay dispute? If you had Ebay would have given you a return label to return the item back to the seller.

With Paypal when you pay for an Ebay item you pay Ebay not the seller, and then Ebay send the seller a bank transfer as payment under their new payment intiative. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FrancescoMeale
Contributor
Contributor
I did not contact ebay because the return terms had now expired. So I put paypal in the middle. But now how should I do it? Do I put ebay sarl (with the assurance that the shipment will come back) or do I put the seller's name (losing paypal protection)?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.