paypal could not find second account. funds never received.

SLS24
New Community Member

I log into my account with  [removed] . I gave my friend this email to send me money and it didn't come to my account that I was logged into using that email. I requested money from her and it showed up differently. I contacted PayPal to see if they could find another account in my name and they could not. I told them I might have an account under [removed] but i dont have access to that email, they said they could not see an account with that email... even though when i type it in on paypal's website and click forgot password it gives me my old phone numbers... 

my friend does not know i have that email, so there is no way she would have accidentally typed in hotmail.

I cant access that account and she cant cancel the transaction on her end... 

can anyone help???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SLS24 

Have you tried adding that email address to your paypal account and verifying it, you can have up to 8 email addresses on the 1 paypal account and receive funds on any of them.

If not then what does it say next to the transaction in your friends account ie pending / unclaimed with or without a cancel option AND how did she send the funds ie goods/services OR friends/family?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.