payment held

polecats
Contributor
Contributor

In the past I used to sell things on Ebay or my own websites with Paypal nothing really would generally go to wrong anyway I received a Black Friday payment for a job doing now and Paypal now holding on to my money will this payment be sent to me within 5 days I guess or do I need to move to a new payment provider who can cope with the  concept of  payments ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Post169
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having similar trouble. I got a payment to my PayPal account, but on the iOS PayPal app I find no indication that I can transfer it to my bank, and on the laptop browser website I find that the Dashboard > Transfer Money button does absolutely nothing besides refresh the page.

I likewise thought PayPal was the best way to exchange money for many years, but it has degraded.

Login to Me Too

polecats
Contributor
Contributor

I feel the same way all my friends mostly moved to stripe or crypto payment providers since the issues Paypal often creates do not really help the seller often but normally it protects buyers even when they do fraud.

I could understand them keeping it if it was like say $10,000 or say max of $5000 but to me any less than they should not be kept to make I guess   banking profit on the money on the money keep away from the  customers.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @polecats,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear your payment is currently being held. I do understand your frustration. Funds can be held for various reasons, for example, if you are new to selling with PayPal. 

Typically funds are released after 21 days or 24 hours after confirmed delivery. For further details, please click here.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.