Without using PayPal.me, can I generate a link for making payments?

Erdynep
Contributor
Contributor

I need to send money via PayPal to a large number of different people. I have a spreadsheet of their PayPal account address, the amount owed and the reason for the payment. I want to automatically create a link for each one in my spreadsheet so that I can easily just click on the link to make the payment. 

I thought I had found it with the URL shown in https://www.labnol.org/paypal-payment-email-documents-5983

But this results in the transaction being considered for a business and the person recieiving then being charged by PayPal for a transaction fee. Is there a URL format that is not business related that can be used? I can't ask everyone to set up a PayPal.me link so unfortunately can't go down that route.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Erdynep

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! This is a great question. At this time, PayPal does not directly support an option to pay multiples of users at the same time from a Personal PayPal account. PayPal does offer an option through PayPal Business accounts called Payouts, however I'm not sure if that's precisely what you're looking for. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Good luck with this and your future transactions,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Erdynep
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_JonK , thanks for the answer. I don't necessarily need it to be a bulk pay option, just being able to have a URL formatted for each row in the spreadsheet would work for me.

E.g. the columns in the spreadsheet are

Name, PayPal Address, Amount

then I could auto generate a link for each one

So in effect the same as a PayPal.me link without the requirement for someone to set up a PayPal.me link.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.