Withdraw issue

DavidsonStJuste
New Community Member

Hello world !

Im in big Trouble with my account, I did not know the proper way to setup an account . I am Living In Dominican Republic , I mistakenly created my Paaypal account on USA, now I cant add my bank account to you. I just received my first payment . i cant do anything with it , i tried to contact customer services but cant be connected with someone .
How can I fixe that please ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DavidsonStJuste 

When you click to register a paypal account there is a drop down list of countries with U.S being the default top option as Paypal is a U.S company.
You then have to scroll down and click on your own country to open the correct Paypal account for that country.

You can't use another countries Paypal account as it would never work properly and may be limited.

If you have opened a U.S paypal account by mistake then you need to remove anything you have added and close it (if you can) and then open one for the correct country you are in.
Paypal is country specific and differs a lot country to country.

Are the funds actually showing in your paypal balance? Only if not then they would show as unclaimed on the senders side and would go back to them. If they are showing then try issuing a refund and if you can't then the sender may have to open a dispute for non receipt of item to get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.