Why do I get charged for sending USD using my USD PayPal balance?

Temp20240115Y
Contributor
Contributor
I'm from UK but have some USD in my PayPal from a past payment I received in USD. I went to make a USD payment to someone, using the USD funds in my PayPal account but was charged a $1.50 fee. I don't understand why. I don't get charged anything for sending GBP from my GBP funds so nor sure what the difference is sending USD using my USD funds. Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Temp20240115Y

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community Forum! 

I'm sorry to hear you were charged a fee when sending a payment. If you were using your PayPal Balance and there wasn't a currency conversion involved, the fee that comes to mind is an international transaction fee. If it was a personal international transaction, there would have been a 5% fee. International transaction fees have a minimum of $0.99 USD and a maximum of $4.99 USD (or the equivalent). If that doesn't fit, you can learn more about fees on our Help Center here, as well as our Fees Page

I hope this helps you determine what the fee was for! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.