Where is my refund?

Dtmillett123
Contributor
Contributor

10th May - Bought something of Ebay and cancelled on same day due to paying cash on collection. 11th May - Said I was refunded via fund source (my debit card). Not received anything, contacted bank and they haven't heard or processing anything to go into my accounts. Contacted the seller encase they have got my money and jot heard anything from them. And cant use resolution centre so contacted the paypal web agent. Is this all I can do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dtmillett123 

Does the old and new card belong or belonged to the same card ACCOUNT?

If so then it should still go through ok. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dtmillett123 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dtmillett123
Contributor
Contributor
It's also an old card it's been refunded too I have changed it now but say it tries to add the funds in the non-existent card now. Will it automatically add it too paypal or the new account set up. It's been 4 days now and nothing as of yet from asking the bank and not got anything from paypal itself yet in response. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dtmillett123 

Does the old and new card belong or belonged to the same card ACCOUNT?

If so then it should still go through ok. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sravya96
Contributor
Contributor
On sep 2nd some amount was debited through debit card. On the same the seller was refunded that amount. Till the date I didn't get that amount. May I know how many days it will take to credit the amount in my debit card?? Please help me
Login to Me Too

iamshamirakmad
Contributor
Contributor
My goodness, it’s the same thing for me. I felt like I have been robbed once again. This is so frustrating. You cannot even use their Message Center! I dont even know where to email them! Had I known that it would tale this long to even see a single cent of that money, with so much uncertainty, I would have never used this PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.