What do I do now? (payment taken from my account)

SassyGassyLassi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I used to have a subscription to a streaming service, I'd availed of a half-price offer and when that expired I cancelled my subscription.

Sometime last year or this year (I can't remember) a new company took over the streaming service and this morning I got an email thanking me for my payment...actually the invoice [dated 14th Aug] says that "in a few days" they'd take a payment of €63.99 via my PayPal account.  I went to my PayPal account to cancel/stop the payment and they've already taken it.

I emailed the streaming service and they replied saying they were not going to give me a refund as they cannot find my payment.

I went through PayPal to report the payment as unauthorised and PayPal are saying there's nothing wrong with that payment.

Um, yes there is a company took a payment from me for a cancelled-2-years-ago subscription.  I'd like my money back please.  Was there some other report that I should have made?  The streaming service have not replied to the 2 emails I sent them with screenshots of the payment they took this morning, and my cancellation notification.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

SassyGassyLassi
Contributor
Contributor

After an excruciating 5 days and I don't know how many emails, the new streaming company has now admitted that they did charge me and are refunding the money.

Kudos to myself and my persistence!! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SassyGassyLassi 

Check if you had a subscription set up. If you did then you are telling paypal to send it to your subscription service when due.

And that is what paypal will do. So if the merchant didn't cancel the subscription for you and you did not cancel it as per below then that would be between you and your merchant.

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SassyGassyLassi
Contributor
Contributor

I did not have a subscription set up, I'd cancelled my subscription. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

SassyGassyLassi
Contributor
Contributor

After an excruciating 5 days and I don't know how many emails, the new streaming company has now admitted that they did charge me and are refunding the money.

Kudos to myself and my persistence!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.