Weird charge through PayPal on my credit card, but doesn't show under Paypal transactions.

Jaanus
Contributor
Contributor

I logged in on a site with PayPal to see how much is the shipping and didn't finalize the transaction, however in my bank it shows I have an uncompleted charge by that site through PayPal. Can't use that amount of credit on my credit card,  because it shows as reserved for that charge. There is no sign of the transaction in my PayPal transaction list and the online store thus far hasn't figured out what's going on. It should be a legitimate store and not a fraud. What's going on and how could I get it cancelled if it doesn't even show under my PayPal transactions?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jaanus

Thank you for your post! Welcome back to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that there is a charge that you are having an issue with. I'll be happy to help!

If there's a transaction on your card and not in your PayPal account, it sounds like you have a guest transaction. This happens when you enter a card number or use a saved card in the merchant's checkout to complete the transaction without logging in to your PayPal account. For that reason, it does not show in your transactions in your account. If you would like to dispute that payment and you have a PayPal account, you can contact PayPal customer service to request assistance. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see your contact options.

I hope this is swiftly resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jaanus

Thank you for your post! Welcome back to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that there is a charge that you are having an issue with. I'll be happy to help!

If there's a transaction on your card and not in your PayPal account, it sounds like you have a guest transaction. This happens when you enter a card number or use a saved card in the merchant's checkout to complete the transaction without logging in to your PayPal account. For that reason, it does not show in your transactions in your account. If you would like to dispute that payment and you have a PayPal account, you can contact PayPal customer service to request assistance. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see your contact options.

I hope this is swiftly resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jaanus
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
You were very helpful. It seems very likely it was a guest transaction then. Fortunately it seems the issue resolved itself, the charge has been removed, no money taken. I'm sure your solution would've worked. You were very good at explaining the situation. 🙂

Thank You!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.