Unable to use my linked bank account

JerryMcM
New Community Member

When making a payment PayPal will only let me use my credit card as a form of payment, despite having the linked bank account as my preffered way of payment. I should mention that there was a charge of 60€ (a renewing subscription) that I did not have the adequite funds in my bank account to cover and I am currently sitting on a -60€ account balance on PayPal.

I suspect that this is the reason it won't let me use my linked bank account to make another payment and defaults down to a credit card. The problem here is that I have reached the limit on the credit card this billing cycle and cannot cover the 60€ any other way than with the bank account.

Is there anything I can do other than wait for the next CC billing cycle to start and cover the debt then?

Thank you

-J

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JerryMcM 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free....IF you have that option in your country?

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.