Unable to pay

learning2me
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to pay for a purchase using my Paypal balance, but I keep getting a grey message about security, with CONTINUE underneath. Everything then freezes.

Payment method keeps defaulting to Credit or Debit card, which I do not want to use.

I have tried logging out and back in, but get the same error.

Any advice please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@learning2me

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed...balance.

If that doesn't work then try another device / browser after clearing your history / cookies first.

If still no luck then..................

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@learning2me

You can use funds in your paypal balance 'as long as' they are in the correct currency and not pending BUT for some transactions and at some point Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

learning2me
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry I didn't explain very well.

I have a bank account and a debit card connected to my Paypal account.

There are also funds in the correct currency available but the payment page greys out then appears to freeze and will not allow me to pay.

Login to Me Too

learning2me
Contributor
Contributor

This is the message I get on a greyed out page when I try to pay

Don't see the secure PayPal browser? We'll help you re-launch the window to complete your purchase.

But the Continue is not a link.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@learning2me

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed...balance.

If that doesn't work then try another device / browser after clearing your history / cookies first.

If still no luck then..................

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rofos123
Contributor
Contributor

I've used PP Credit for several years now and have never experienced any problems, and it has enabled me to separate certain of my purchases from others. But lately PPC has regrettably become a very poor and unreliable service, and so I'm going to have to arrange for another similar service, probably just reactivate my Barclaycard or create a new credit card completely. What is particularly irritating is that when it comes to paying for your purchase, no reason is provided as to why PPC is not allowed.

I can only assume that the merchants that don't accept PP Credit have some sort of a problem with them, that they don't have with other credit card providers.

So how long then before these same merchants have a problem with ordinary PayPal, then the convenience of paying by PayPal completely disappears.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.