Unable to pay with my balance

Ezekiel38
Contributor
Contributor

Help, I just  transferred money to my balance and set the preferred payment method to that, but when I go to check out I cannot choose that as an option.  Only my credit card or checking accounts are available?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ezekiel38 

Are the funds actually showing in your paypal balance AND in the correct currency.

Paypal can't convert currencies in your balance automatically during payment like they do from a bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ezekiel38 

Are the funds actually showing in your paypal balance AND in the correct currency.

Paypal can't convert currencies in your balance automatically during payment like they do from a bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ezekiel38
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the funds in $CDN are showing up in my PP balance and the money shows up in my bank account as being transferred.  I am trying to make a purchase in $CDN but when I try to check out that payment option doesn't show up even though it is set as my preferred payment.

Login to Me Too

Ezekiel38
Contributor
Contributor

Turns out if I select the credit card payment option then they will withdraw the funds from the balance by default.  Another valuable learning experience!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.