Transaction not competed by merchant still pending transaction on 3 payment plan

Captnikkimarvel
Contributor
Contributor

Hey There, I recently tried to order from Boots by using the 3 way payment plan. I tried twice to go through PayPal payment 3 way plan. And I hadn't noticed until I checked my bank account two payments pending by PayPal. And even then the transaction was not completed by boots. Which in the end, I ended up using my debit card to pay for the items. I was wondering, as my initial orders did not complete. Will I be refunded the two amounts back to my bank account. And will the 3 way plan be cancelled?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Captnikkimarvel 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source. Sometimes it can drop off more quickly if the company can void it from their side.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Captnikkimarvel 

The important bit is what does it say on your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Captnikkimarvel
Contributor
Contributor
Authorisation in progress. Temporary authorisation Funding sauce will be charged when transaction is completed. I'm assuming as the transaction hasn't been completed by boots. Nor I have been sent any confirmation from boots (orders completed) or paypal, that 3 paypal plan in progress. Which Paypal normally do.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Captnikkimarvel 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source. Sometimes it can drop off more quickly if the company can void it from their side.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Captnikkimarvel
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your swift response and help. I really appreciate it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.