The last 4 withdrawals from my PayPal account did not go to my bank account.

JanStindl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm new on the forum, although I've been using PayPal for 13 years. I've never had a problem with PayPal, but my last 4 withdrawals from my PayPal account didn't go to my bank account. Although I received confirmation from PayPal that the payment went through. The oldest withdraw was on October 11, i.e. 14 days ago. I called to the bank and they assured me that the problem must be on the side of PayPal or the payment gateway. I tried to solve it on PayPal through the "resolution center", but there they wrote to me without any explanation that it was not an unauthorized transaction and that the case is closed... I have no idea what to do. The money disappeared from my PayPal account but didn't reach my to bank account...

Login to Me Too
156 REPLIES 156

hoxley
Contributor
Contributor

I got money returned back to Paypal and sent everything to another bank after testing with 1$, sent also 40cents to newly re-added bank with prefix, just to test it too. Will use Paypal now only if forced by situation. Customer care shows the real state of the company, and we are "valued customers" only in empty support sentences... 

Login to Me Too

Bingotwilight
Contributor
Contributor

@hoxley Did they charge you a fee? 

Login to Me Too

Tereza_CZ
Contributor
Contributor

Great news! I am very happy for all of you! The fee is outrageous!!! After all this **bleep** we went through???

Login to Me Too

shajby
Contributor
Contributor
Another message from paypal after I wrote them again today: "From reading your message, I understand that you withdrew funds to your bank account, but that you still haven't received it. Please don't worry. I would be happy to help you get this resolved. I reviewed your PayPal account, and I can see that you indeed withdrew an amount of xxxx" CZK to your bank. This transfer shows as completed, which means that the funds have left our PayPal system and should have arrived with your bank. However, from your message I understand that the funds are not showing on your bank account. No need to worry, I have started a trace for you in order to locate the funds. It can take up to 72 hours for us to complete our investigation, so please have a little patience until that time. As soon as the investigation has been completed, we will get in touch with you via email. I hope this will be resolved for you very quickly, so that you can receive the funds on your bank account."
Login to Me Too

Tereza_CZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, does anybody have any news? Anything? I am still waiting... and calling and messaging. Again and again. The last answer is that I should wait 30 days and then contact my bank. This is simply unbelievable and humiliating, to be honest. They have the bank statements, they know what happened, they know where the money is, but they are still repeating the same nonsense. 

Login to Me Too

JanStindl
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still in the same situation, I keep bombarding them with messages, but still no relevant answer... I can't believe that they have been working on my problem for three weeks and have no new message for me...

Login to Me Too

eveningsailor
Contributor
Contributor
I think you will not receive money earlier than 30 working days. Look at these cases of people who got their funds back almost a week ago, these were cases from end of sept/start of october. So I doubt anyone is getting funds any sooner… unless you are waiting this long. I think it’s just system holding these funds that will automatically send them back after. Sorry, I know itsbad news for some to wait even longer but there is nothing you can do. I miss mine for 29th day and I will let ya know if they come next week( do I was right)
Login to Me Too

Dennyn7
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing new here too.

Login to Me Too

VeronikaHan
Contributor
Contributor

Good news on my side! Today I got my money back. To sum it up:

- withdrawal made on October 16 to Komerční banka (with the disputed prefix account number)

- withdrawal completed on October 18, no money on KB account

- several complaints filed with PayPal via chatbot

- today November 17 money back on my PayPal account, supposedly sent from Komerční banka, however minus 200 CZK!

- it took 1 month exactly to get it back

Now I am trying to withdraw a couple of dollars to my another account with ČSOB that has no prefix number. We'll see how that works.

Anyway, it really looks like they need 1 month to process it and refund us. I keep my fingers crossed for all you who are still waiting!

Login to Me Too

shajby
Contributor
Contributor

So:

1.11. made a withdrawal

3.11. a withdrawal marked as complete

8.11. contacted a paypal support where are the money and was told I must wait 14 days before they can start tracing the payment. 

14.11. contacted my bank mBank and they started tracing the money

14.11. contacted paypal that my bank started tracing the money and was told that their investigation will take up to 3 business days

17.11. contacted paypal about the result of investigation and was told that they contacted mBank and that they are waiting for some more information from my bank. Receiving of this information can take up to 30 days!

Ridiculous! So it can take up 14+30 days to get your money back,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.